Thursday, December 31, 2009

The Postman

On a snowy day in mid-December, a mailman was out on his regular route.

When he arrived at one particular house, a very attractive woman opened the door and greeted him. "My, you look cold out there. How would you like to come in for a nice, hot cup of coffee?"

"I'd love to..." he said, and so he went inside.

After having coffee and talking for awhile, the woman stood up and began walking toward the bedroom. As she walked, she looked back and motioned for him to follow.

Being the gentleman he was, he was not about to insult his host by turning down such an offer. He followed her into the bedroom and...

As he was about to leave and continue his rounds, the woman stopped him and handed him a crisp one-dollar bill.
With a puzzled look on his face, he stared down at the bill and asked, "What's this for?"

"Well", she said, "This morning my husband and I were discussing Christmas and what kinds of gifts we should give to our friends and neighbors. When I asked him what I should give the mailman, he laughed and said, 'Screw him! Give him a dollar!'"

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.