Please click above banner as I get revenue from that

Sunday, February 6, 2011

Top Ten Funny and Amusing Quotations From and About the NFL

  • I had pro offers from the Detroit Lions and Green Bay Packers, who were pretty hard up for linemen in those days. If I had gone into professional football the name Jerry Ford might have been a household word today. - President Gerald Ford
  • I just wrap my arms around the whole backfield and peel 'em one by one until I get to the ball carrier. Him, I keep. - DT Big Daddy Lipscomb on his tackling technique
  • He is the only man I ever saw who ran his own interference. - Steve Owen on Bronko Nagurski
  • I want to rush for 1,000 or 1,500 yards, whichever comes first. - Saints RB, George Rogers
  • I'm a light eater. As soon as it's light, I start to eat. - Art Donovan
  • The reason women don't play football is because eleven of them would never wear the same outfit in public. - Phyllis Diller
  • Most football players are temperamental. That's 90 percent temper and 10 percent mental. - Doug Plank, former-Chicago Bears
  • Rapport? You mean like, 'You run as fast as you can, and I'll throw it as far as I can?' - QB Jeff Kemp on his rapport with WR Jerry Rice
  • We're as clean as any team. We wash our hands before we hit anybody. - Nate Newton
  • I always enjoy animal acts. - President Calvin Coolidge when asked if he wanted to meet the Chicago Bears

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.