Ledger Nano S

Ledger Nano S - The secure hardware wallet

Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Meet the globetrotting cyclist collecting 1,001 climate change stories

Meet the globetrotting cyclist collecting 1,001 climate change stories

I’m 24 years old, and I believe that water and climate change are the defining issues of my generation. The way I see it, listening is a form of activism.

This Saturday I will be in Washington DC for the People’s Climate March, and I will have my audio recorder with me as part of my mission to collect 1,001 audio interviews about how climate change and water have impacted their lives.

My journeys as a poet-activist-touring cyclist began three years ago at the People’s Climate March in New York. I wore a cardboard sign around my neck that said “tell me a story about water” on one side and “tell me a story about climate change” on the other, joining a rising tide of 400,000 activists.

That day people told stories about all sorts of things: of the health impacts of paper mill pollution on a community in northern China; climate change’s threats to Vermont’s maple syrup industry; and the experience of being stuck in an office building for 62 hours during Hurricane Sandy.

Full story at http://bit.ly/2qx3tIT

Tweet This Story

 

 

 

Donation:
If you appreciate the things I share,
consider making a contribution no matter
how small via PayPal. If you use Bitcoin you can
send donations to my Bitcoin Wallet:
12pAsyMdZoTHPvkiRAZiuQhC8bF4DLbYpQ

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Copy and paste this code into your pages.